The tower stands a mere twenty-five feet tall, but its height above water is 52 feet. The first light was built on the island in 1836, but later replaced by the present lighthouse in 1896. The lighthouse has a fourth-order Fresnel lens which is now solar powered. The light was automated in October of 1971.
Directions: The lighthouse sits off shore on Curtis Island. The best view of the lighthouse is from one of the cruises that leave from town. However, distant views are possible from shore. From the Town of Camden, follow Bayview Street south along the shore. From here, a distant view is possible amongst the houses.View more Curtis Island Lighthouse pictures