Dennis Kent has provided some history of this lighthouse:
This light is also called the Northern Lighthouse. The original light was on this point in 1901. The original lighthouse keeper was on the job until 1940 when he died. In 1904 a fog bell was installed and in 1905 a keeper's quarters was constructed and one for the nearby Brier Island light. A 5th Order Fresnel Lens lit the way in 1922. The current light was built in 1965 and is still operational. In 1968 the first light was demolished. The light was unmanned and automated in 1988. The tower is 28 feet high and 56 feet above the water. It is used as quarters for a Coast Guard life boat crew.
Directions:From the Town of Westport on Brier Island, follow Water Street north to the lighthouse.View more Grand Passage Lighthouse pictures