Dennis Kent has provided some history for this lighthouse:
This is another "pepper shaker" style lighthouse. When it was built in 1874 it had one circular lamp with a 20 inch reflector. It also had two flat wick lamps with 16 inch reflectors. Originally, there was no dwelling until 1875 when the keeper built one. It was fitted with a 4th Order Fresnel lens in 1922 until 1941. In 1955 it was automated. (One web site claims it was 1973 but 1955 seems more likely.) The dwelling was torn down in 1982 and the light was discontinued in 1984. More current pictures suggest that it is in need of repairs.
Directions: From Highway 1 just south of Church Point, follow Lighthouse Road west to the lighthouse.View more Church Point Lighthouse pictures