Dennis Kent has sent along some of the history of this lighthouse:
This "pepper shaker" style light was built in 1889. The first keeper was John H. Belliveau who was paid $80 per year. It is 22 feet high but the large range of tides here vary how much it is above the water. From 1922 to 1941 it was fitted with a Sixth Order Fresnel Lens. It was automated in 1993 and still is operational.
Directions: The lighthouse sits along Highway 1 just north of Belliveau Cove.View more Belliveau Cove Lighthouse pictures