Here is a bit of history provided by Dennis Kent:
On this site we can see the second and fourth light. The fist light was built in 1851. It was replaced with a two story lighthouse and keeper's quarters style light in 1927. This structure was moved across the road in 1963 and higher up a hillside to became a private residence which it still is today. It was replaced with a fiberglass tower which itself needed to be replaced in 1983. The light was automated in 1987 and then de-staffed in 1989. In 1990 it was outfitted with an electric mercury vapor light.
Directions: From Port Medway, follow Long Cove Road east to the lighthouse.View more Medway Head Lighthouse pictures