Dennis Kent has provided some history for this lighthouse:
A lighthouse was originally built here in 1868. It was replaced about 1883 and that in turn was replaced with the current light built between 1965 and 1969. The fog signal was installed in 1964. The tower is only 29 feet but is 104 feet above the water thanks to the cliff it sits on. Caves in the cliff below the light were used by rum runners during prohibition.
Directions: From Highway 1, follow Cape St. Marys Road south and west to the end. Then head west on Lighthouse Road to the end.
[ Home ]